If you have an autism diagnosis and are looking for a career in tech Columbus, Ohio, we want to hear from you. We are hiring Junior Software Engineers to join us at auticon. We realize that getting and keeping a job can be challenging, so we’re on your side. We provide a professional auticon Job Coach and an accommodating work environment to help you succeed. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and career growth.
If you are a junior software engineer, this can be an opportunity to be mentored by others and grow.
The job duties and main responsibilities for this role are below, but you do not have to meet all of them to apply!
Job duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical solutions and support for our clients
Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Coding and debugging in different languages and technical environments
- Identifying, prioritizing, and executing tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform unit and exploratory testing
- Collaborate with teams to improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up to date with latest technologies
- Help outline and scope engagements
- Help interface and facilitate collaboration with the client’s team, in collaboration with and alignment with Job Coach and their responsibilities
- In collaboration with the technical lead, develop strong client relationships and periodically check-in with previous and current clients to explore new opportunities to deliver value
- Coach less experienced software engineers on your auticon team
- Work alongside your dedicated Job Coach for support
- Learn, understand, and implement existing auticon procedures related to your role
- Ensure auticon has the processes, tools, and infrastructure to be an effective, scalable company, working alongside your colleagues to do so and with sign-off from your manager
- Be part of continuous and dedicated improvement of our procedures in collaboration and with agreement from other colleagues, with sign-off from your manager
Skills and qualifications
- Software development experience (all levels from junior to senior level experienced professionals)
- Programming experience with at least one modern, top 5 language
- Experience contributing significantly to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
- Ability to work in a team
- Reporting, documentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached, briefly stating whether or not you have an autism spectrum diagnosis and what your expertise is.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com